Well, Six of Them Anyway
Olives come in many shapes, sizes and colors, but they all have one thing in common—they're all delicious! Imported from around the world or grown right here in California, olive uses are as versatile as their varietals.
- Arbequina: Small, aromatic Spanish olive; frequently used for olive oil
- Kalamata: Large, deep purple Greek olive; meaty and complex
- Mission: Classic black or green Californian olive; mild in flavor
- Picholine: Green French olive; firm, nutty, popular cocktail olive
- Manzanilla: Prolific Spanish olive; crisp, often stuffed with pimentos
- Castelvetrano: Light green Italian olive; mild, smooth and buttery
As a family–owned company based in California, we were excited to partner with local growers to produce our Fresh to Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Cold-pressed, unfiltered and utterly delicious, our Fresh to Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil is locally produced using Arbequina olives grown in California. Ripe, green aromas and flavors make it ideal for dipping, drizzling, cooking or pairing with our Fresh to Market Balsamic Vinegar.
But wait, there's more! Olives and olive oil have health benefits, too. According to Dr. Liz Applegate, PhD, extra virgin olive oil (from the first pressing of olives) is rich in phenols, antioxidants from olive particles that give the oil its beautifully green hue and taste. These and other compounds have been shown to combat inflammation and keep LDL cholesterol from becoming damaging to artery walls.
Ready to get cooking? Try our delicious recipe for Olive Tapenade.