Making focaccia is fun and easy, especially when you get creative with the flavors! If you’ve always wanted to try your hand at making a yeasted bread, you can rise to any occasion with this simple, classic recipe developed by our expert bakers for you to try at home.
Focaccia: This delicious Italian bread is easy to make and fun to customize with your favorite toppings. The longer the dough is allowed to ferment, the better the flavor will be.
Why focaccia? Along with being just plain delicious, focaccia can be served as a flatbread or used for sandwiches. Any way you slice it, toppings add a little extra and put the finishing touch on your culinary creation. Take your focaccia to the next level with these tasty toppings, or a unique combo you create!
- Sea salt and rosemary – the basic flavor maker
- Roasted garlic – embrace the garlic breath
- Caramelized onions – sweet and savory
- Asparagus and goat cheese – great for a spring fling
- Mixed olives – positively divine
- Jalapeño and cheddar – for those who like it hot
- Tomatoes with salt and pepper – simple and amazing
- Pesto – because what isn’t better with pesto?
Speaking of pesto, make your own at home with this quick and easy recipe for Basil Pesto.