If you’re making the main course from scratch, feast your eyes on this. When you splurge on a premium protein, you want to make sure to cook it well (not to be confused with well done). Luckily, we’re here to help.
Step 1: Figure out which roast is right for you, then reserve it in advance with our meat department!
- USDA Prime Beef Rib Roast: All-natural USDA prime grade rib roast with no artificial ingredients or preservatives. Grain-fed with outstanding marbling, quality and flavor.
- Certified Piedmontese Beef Standing Rib Roast: Lean, tender and flavorful beef sourced from humanely raised cattle with no added growth hormones, steroids, antibiotics or animal byproducts.
- Fresh to Market USDA Choice Premium Angus Beef Standing Rib Roast: USDA Choice, grain-fed Angus beef, also available seasoned with minced garlic and our signature garlic and pepper seasoning without nitrates, nitrites, phosphates or MSG.
- Fresh to Market USDA Choice Premium Angus Beef “Dry Aged” Standing Rib Roast: Premium Angus beef dry aged with traditional aging process to enhance tenderness, juiciness and taste. NOTE: Orders for this item must be placed with our meat department at least 14 days before scheduled pick-up!
Step 2: Follow these easy instructions for a perfectly cooked, mouthwatering rib roast every time.
- Remove roast from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Season roast with salt, pepper and herbs as desired, then place bone-side down in a roasting pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 450°F to sear the outside. Turn oven temperature down to 275°F.
- Cook for 10–12 minutes per pound or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads 10–15°F below desired final temperature. Begin checking internal temperature 30 minutes prior to estimated finished cook time.
- Allow roast to rest for 30–45 minutes before carving to allow for carryover cooking.
Final Cooking Temperatures for Beef:*
- 120–125°F for rare
- 130–135°F for medium rare
- 140–145°F for medium
- 150–155°F for medium well
- 160–165°F for well done
Step 3: Finish the feast with perfect pairings from our kitchen like chef-prepared Traditional Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole and Horseradish Sauce.
*The consumption of raw or undercooked meat may increase your risk of food-borne illness.