- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cook time:
- 45 minutes
- 3 cups
1 out of 5
Sweet, sour and spicy, this persimmon chutney is a fun and flavorful side perfect for fall.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Fuyu persimmons, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
Combine all ingredients except the persimmons and cilantro in a medium heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes, until mixture thickens but some juices remain.
Add persimmons and simmer until persimmons are tender, about 15 minutes longer. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Can be prepared up to 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.