- Prep time:
- 20 minutes
- Cook time:
- 8-10 minutes
- 4 servings
2 out of 5
Fire up your taste buds with this Asian-inspired burger laced with flavorful sauces and piled high with freshly pickled veg.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 ounces drunken garlic sauce
- 4 ounces tamari teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cups rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup shredded carrot, julienned
- 1 cup red onion, julienned
- 2 jalapeños, sliced into thin rings
- 4 burger buns
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4-5 ghost pepper pickles, sliced
To make the burger patties, combine pork, drunken garlic sauce, tamari teriyaki sauce, garlic and cilantro, then form into two equal patties.
For the pickled veggies, bring vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a boil. Pour over carrot, onion and jalapeño, then let cool to room temperature.
Cook patties to an internal temperature of 150°F. Assemble burgers by layering each bun with a burger patty, pickled veggies, shredded cabbage and sliced ghost pepper pickles.