- Prep time:
- 15-20 minutes
- Cook time:
- 3 hours
- 4-6 servings
1 out of 5
A refreshing and tasty appetizer full of fresh and simple ingredients!
- 1½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 4 radishes, julienned
- ⅓-½ English cucumber, peeled and diced small
- ½ small white onion, diced small
- 2-3 jalapeño chilies, diced small
- ⅓-½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sweet potato or purple potato chip for garnish
Rinse shrimp, pat dry and chop into small pieces. Transfer to a glass or plastic container, add citrus juices, salt and hot pepper sauce. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours to allow juices to thoroughly "cook" shrimp; stir occasionally. After 3 hours have elapsed, check shrimp for color—the shrimp should be pink and firm. If they are not quite there, refrigerate for 1 additional hour.
After shrimp have finished "cooking," stir in radish, cucumber, onion, chilies and cilantro. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary, and then divide evenly among 4-6 martini or wide-rimmed margarita glasses. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and sweet potato or purple potato chips. Serve immediately or reserve in refrigerator for up to 1 hour.