From pre-popped to stovetop, it’s never been easier to enjoy perfect popcorn at home. Check out our handy effort scale to see which pop is right for you!
From pre-popped to stovetop, it’s never been easier to enjoy flavor-packed popcorn at home. Pick up a bag or a box for convenient snacking, or check out our pro tips for home popping to make your own perfect popcorn every time!
Stovetop Popping – Max Effort: Don’t be daunted by the DIY approach—it’s easy to pop a pot of fresh popcorn at home with our Popcorn Pro Tips! On the kernel front, try varieties like Rancho Gordo Crimson Popping Corn for a pot of small, flavorful and practically hull-less popcorn.
For fun recipes, check out our Popcorn Personalities!
- Use a heavy-bottomed pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Heat oil and 3–4 kernels over medium heat, covered.
- When test kernels pop, add remaining kernels and cover.
- Remove pot from heat and shake with lid on for 30 seconds.
- Return to stove over medium-high heat.
- Jiggle pot every few seconds to let popped kernels rise and unpopped kernels sink to the bottom.
- Vent lid after shaking so steam can escape and popcorn won’t be soggy.
- Remove pot from heat when pops slow to every 5 seconds.
Microwave Magic – Medium Effort: Enjoy convenience without compromise with Skinnypop Microwave Popcorn. Certified non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan, this popcorn packs in the flavor without packing in the calories. Plus, as it pops, its packaging pops up into a convenient box that makes munching (and clean up) that much easier!
Pre-Popped Perfection – Minimum Effort: For instant popcorn gratification, pop open a bag of LesserEvil Buddha Bowl Foods Popcorn! This sensational, guilt-free snack is an organic option made with simple, pure ingredients like air-popped organic popcorn kernels and coconut oil.
Selection may vary by store.
Article originally published in June of 2017 and updated in February of 2023.