Daily Dish the Sonoma Market blog
Wooden Cutting Board Care Tips
Courtesy of J.K. Adams
J.K. Adams has been making high-quality cutting, carving and serving boards from sustainably grown and harvested North American wood since 1944. Make sure you take good care of your wooden board with these tips from the pros at J.K. Adams!
Set the stage for your mouthwatering masterpiece with a beautiful board from J.K. Adams! Made from sustainably grown and harvested North American wood, these high-quality cutting, carving and serving boards come in a variety of shapes and sizes to suit your style. Plus, with proper use and care they can last for years!
Take good care of your board with these tips from the pros at J.K. Adams:
- DO handwash your wooden board with warm, soapy water after each use, then dry thoroughly with a towel.
- DO use a lint-free cloth to apply a wood conditioner to the entire board once a week until a finish is established, or any time the board feels dry. (Find J.K. Adams Mineral Oil and Beeswax Wood Conditioners at select stores!)
- DON’T soak or submerge your board in water, run in a dishwasher or use in a microwave.
- DON’T place hot pots or pans on your board as they can leave a lasting burn mark.
- IF your board ever starts to feel rough from raised woodgrain, buff the area lightly with 200 grit sandpaper to smooth the finish, then reapply wood conditioner.
Don’t have a board yet? Drop by your local Nugget Markets to find the finest wooden boards from J.K. Adams and all the ingredients you need for your next culinary creation!