- Prep time
- 20 minutes PT20M
- Cook time
- 1 hour 30 minutes PT30.016666666667M
- 8 sliders
These sausage sliders are topped with caramelized onions, eggs and cheese and are equally delicious for breakfast or breakfast-for-dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 yellow onion, julienned
- 1 pound Fresh to Market Breakfast Sausage
- ½ cup yellow onion, small diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced thin
- 4 whole eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slider buns, toasted
Melt one tablespoon of butter in a small sauce pot with a lid. Add the julienned onions and cover. Cook on low for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened. Remove the lid and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced and the onions have caramelized.
While the onions are cooking, form the sausage into 8 patties the diameter of the slider buns (about 2 ounces each). Brown the patties in a pan on both sides until cooked through.
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of butter and sauté the diced onion, peppers and scallions for 2 minutes. Mix the egg and cream together, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add to the pan and continue to cook until the eggs are set. Fold in the cheddar cheese.
To assemble, spread the caramelized onions on the bottom bun, top with sausage and the scrambled egg mixture followed by the top bun.