- Prep time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- Cook time
- 5 minutes PTM
- 2 servings
Sweet and savory, these elegant pear toasts make a lovely appetizer, or just a fun spin on an everyday lunch.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 bosc pear, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices sourdough batard
- 4 tablespoons pear butter
- 4–6 tablespoons farmer cheese
- 6–8 leaves arugula
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a sauté pan. Add the pears and brown on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Spread the remaining butter on the sliced sourdough. Place sourdough in sauté pan on medium heat, butter-side down, to toast. When golden brown, turn over and toast the other side for 20 seconds. Transfer to a work surface.
To build toasts, spread pear butter on the bread, followed by the farmer cheese and caramelized pears. Toss the arugula in the olive oil, and add to toasts, topping with the walnuts. Finish with fresh cracked black pepper, and serve.