- Prep time
- 15 minutes, plus 1 hour marinating PT0.25M
- Cook time
- 10–12 minutes PT12M
- 2 servings
Also great in stir-frys or curries, Mekhala Lemongrass Tumeric Paste makes a lovely marinade for chicken skewers and works well with the flavors of eggplant and red bell pepper that complete this dish.
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Mekhala Lemongrass Turmeric Paste, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1-inch dice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, 1-inch dice
- 1 Japanese eggplant, 1-inch-thick bias cut
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 scallions
Mix together 2 tablespoons Mekhala paste and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a work bowl. Add the diced chicken breast and toss to coat. Let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Mix together the water and 2 teaspoons of Mekhala paste. Bring to a simmer in a medium-sized pot, add rice and cover. Cook on low for 20 minutes, fluff and leave covered until ready to serve.
Heat grill to medium. Alternately skewer the marinated chicken breast, bell pepper and eggplant. Brush grill with oil and grill skewers on each side for 2–3 minutes, until chicken comes to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Toss scallions with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until charred and just wilted. Serve skewers with rice and grilled scallions.