- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 12–15 minutes PT15M
- 2–4 servings
Celebrate summer with this sweet and savory salad combining caramelized peaches with fresh Parmesan, prosciutto and kale.
- 2–3 ounces prosciutto, sliced very thin
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches Tuscan kale, shredded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 block (2–3 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
Heat oven to 300°F.
Lay prosciutto on a lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned, then set aside to cool. When prosciutto is room temperature, break into about 1-inch pieces.
Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Carefully add the peaches (oil may splatter) and caramelize both sides.
In a work bowl, add the kale, remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Grate 2–3 tablespoons of Parmesan over the kale and toss to coat evenly, then season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving dish then arrange prosciutto and peaches on the kale and top with balsamic glaze. Using a vegetable peeler, shave remaining Parmesan over the top.