- Prep time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- Cook time
- 15-20 minutes PT20M
- Serves 4
This recipe features Nugget Kitchens Roasted Brussels Sprouts – made with pancetta, pine nuts, olive oil and Pecorino Romano cheese – and turns them into a tasty pasta dish.
- 1 pint Nugget Kitchen's Roasted Brussels Sprouts or ½ lb. fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1½ cups Parmigiano-Reggiano, shredded
- ¼ bag wide egg noodles
- Kosher or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
If using Nugget Kitchen’s Roasted Brussels sprouts, cut in half and set aside. If using fresh Brussels sprouts, blanch for 6 – 8 minutes or until knife inserts easily into the base. Shock in an ice bath, cut in half and set aside. Cook pasta until al dente; set aside.
Warm cream over medium heat; add butter, salt, pepper and garlic. Once mixture is hot, slowly stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted. Combine the cheese sauce, Brussels sprouts, and pasta. The heat from the pasta and cheese sauce will warm the Brussels sprouts. Garnish with remaining ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- mince: to chop into very small pieces.
- al dente
- <p><strong>al dente (It.):</strong> to the tooth; to cook an item, such as pasta or vegetables, until it is tender but still firm, not soft.</p>