Recipes Nugget Markets Signature Recipes
Acai Breakfast Bowl
- Prep time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- Cook time
- N/A PT0
- 2-4 servings
Along with being a nutritious breakfast option, acai bowls are an easy and healthy meal before or after exercise. Acai berries contain a high concentration of antioxidants, fiber and heart-healthy fats, which together help digestion and your immune system.
- 2 acai superfruit packs
- ½ cup orange juice (or other juice or milk)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup berries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons almonds, roasted
In a blender, combine the acai with the orange juice and half the banana until smooth.
Build a medium serving bowl with half the granola in the bottom of the bowl, top with the acai puree and garnish with the remaining banana, granola, berries, kiwi, goji berries and almonds.
For alternative flavor options, try garnishing with other nuts, coconut flakes, honey, agave or chocolate chips.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- puree: to process food (by mashing, straining, or chopping it very fine) in order to make it a smooth paste. Also, a product produced using this technique.